The Writing Prompt
What Makes Hiram Unique?
Who is eligible?
Hiram Alumni (excluding current AEB Members and Officers)
How does it work?
Submit essay by April 26, 2016 to the Alumni Relations Office (see below)
We will select three essays that we feel are well-written, compelling, and capture the spirit of the writing prompt
1st Place - All-Access Pass to 2016 Alumni Weekend
2nd Place - A Free Night's Stay on Campus During Alumni Weekend
3rd Place - Free Reunion Dinner
Winners will be individually notified of the results via email by May 18, 2015
Read the 2015 Winning Essay
What are the essay requirements?
- Provide an original essay title
- Essays should not exceed 500 words
- Must be original, unpublished work
- Entries must be submitted in electronic format via our submission form
- All entries must be double spaced, in one of the following formats
- Microsoft WorksEach entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author's name, full mailing address, telephone number and email address
In addition, we are evaluating essays for:
- Strong style and personal voice (we encourage writers to include personal examples and insights)
- Originality and clarity of content and ideas
Disclaimer: the author agrees by submitting their work that it may be publicly read, published, and otherwise promoted by the Hiram College Alumni Office and the Hiram College Alumni Executive Board without compensation to the author. The author retains copyright to their own original work
and may use it outside of this contest in whatever manner they choose.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org