- Events & Travel
- Make A Gift
- About Us
- Alumni Awards
|Directory Project FAQ|
2015 Alumni Directory Project
Every five years, the Office of Alumni Relations at Hiram College
produces a directory of all College alumni and this is one of those special years!
In the next few months, a company called Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI)
will be contacting alumni via mail, phone and email to give you an opportunity
to update your information. This way we all work together to ensure the
directory is as current and accurate as possible.
We understand you may be hesitant to give your personal details out to
just anyone who asks, so please be assured that their request for
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Hiram College. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Hiram College to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
b. The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Hiram College. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Hiram College any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Hiram College or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Hiram College project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Hiram College alumni is 1.877.303.7217.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 10 months.
6. I ordered a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, but I haven’t received the post card requesting verification of my address.
For those who purchase a package containing the Discounted Companion Airline Certificate, they will receive a postcard within 2 -3 weeks and will direct them to go to the PCI website to initiate the certificate process by entering their ID # and order # (shown on the postcard) and verify their mailing address. Alternatively, the buyer can call a toll free number (also shown on the postcard) and leave a voicemail to initiate the certificate process.
You will receive a business envelope that contains the guidelines, terms and conditions, as well as the certified voucher from Award Headquarters so you can begin to make your travel arrangements.
7. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in this year's directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the Hiram College Alumni Association.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?